FRIENDS PAC Call for Nominations
The FRIENDS National Center for Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention (CBCAP) is seeking nominations for parents with expertise or experience in CBCAP priority areas to serve on the FRIENDS Parent Advisory Council (PAC). Parents may self-nominated or be recommended by a CBCAP State Lead Agency or local CBCAP-funded program. Nominations for 2023 closed on October 31.
Members of the FRIENDS PAC share their experience and expertise in parent leadership through their active participation in FRIENDS workgroups and the annual CBCAP Grantee Meeting. They assist in the development/review of FRIENDS written materials, produce a parent/practitioner newsletter, and provide the FRIENDS staff with consultation and advice related to parent leadership.
Successful Candidates must:
Selected Nominees will be expected to:
- Participate in all required conference calls and meetings.
- Attend monthly virtual PAC meetings via Zoom
- Serve on a minimum of 1 workgroup or committee per year
- Have the ability to travel at FRIENDS expense to one annual PAC event or CBCAP Grantee Meeting
- Contribute to the Parent/Practitioner Newsletter through the procurement or writing of articles.
- Exhibit knowledge of child abuse prevention topics including:
- Governmental entities and legislation supporting child abuse prevention
- Advocacy, education and prevention awareness.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Represent the perspectives of other parents.
- Commit to serve a three (3) year term as an active member.
- Participate in annual opportunities to communicate with their CBCAP State Lead facilitated by FRIENDS staff, the PAC member, the State Lead Agency or other prevention partners.
- Assist FRIENDS staff and partners with development, review or implementation of Training /Technical Assistance resources or provide translation review of multilingual materials when possible.
- Occasionally cover small travel expenses (ground transportation, meals, etc.) upfront while awaiting reimbursement.
How to Apply
Nominations closed October 31, 2023. Questions can be directed to MaryJo Alimena Caruso at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Self-nominating parents must complete the Parent Nomination Form which may (if applicable) be accompanied by an Agency Reference / Nomination Form completed by a CBCAP State Lead Agency or local prevention program as a reference for the parent.
- Organizations may nominate a parent by completing the Agency Reference /Nomination Form and must be accompanied by a Parent Nomination Form completed by the nominee.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the FRIENDS Parent Advisory Council, FRIENDS Director and the CBCAP Federal Project Officers.
Completed applications include: 1 Parent Nomination form per nominee (required) and 1 Agency Reference / Nomination form (if applicable).
Those needing an extension to the nomination deadline should express their interest in writing to MaryJo Alimena Caruso at email@example.com prior to October 31, 2023.