What services does FRIENDS provide?
FRIENDS supports CBCAP State Lead Agencies, their local network of public-private grantees and organizations, and Tribal partners by building their capacity to meet the requirements of CAPTA, Title II through the provision of Universal Capacity Building Services, Targeted/ Specialized Capacity Building Services, and Tailored and Intensive Services.
Tiers of Training and Technical Assistance (TTA)
Universal Capacity Building
- Website Resources
- Online Learning Center
- FRIENDS Listserve
Targeted and Specialized
For CBCAP Leads and their Grantees
- All Tier 1 TTA
- Onsite TTA
- Peer Learning Calls
- CBCAP Listserve
- TA offered by teleconference, webinar or email
Tailored and Intensive Capacity Building
Partnership between FRIENDS and CBCAP Leads
- Pre-determined amount of time
- Desired systems change and implementation
- All tiers of TTA
- Ongoing regular coaching
- Consultation and resource sharing
What areas of prevention do FRIENDS' services focus on?
FRIENDS’ services focus on primary and secondary prevention and targeted training and technical assistance on a variety of topic areas. FRIENDS offers T/TA in areas such as:
- Evidence-informed and evidence-based programs and practices in child abuse and neglect prevention
- Program planning and implementation
- Public awareness programs and initiatives
- Community collaboration, networking, and collective impact
- Parent engagement and leadership
- Peer review, program self-assessment, and outcome evaluation
- Collaboration with child welfare systems change efforts such as Program Improvement Plans, Child and Family Service Plans, Annual Progress and Services Reports and the Family First Prevention Services Act
- Respite and crisis nurseries programs
- Outreach to special populations including diverse and underrepresented groups
- Maximizing and leveraging funds
This list is just an example of services in T/TA that FRIENDS can offer and state lead agencies and set-aside grantees should contact their FRIENDS T/TA Coordinator to discuss a plan that is individualized for your needs.
What other services does FRIENDS provide?
In addition to on-site T/TA, FRIENDS offers a targeted listserve to share information effectively with states and other prevention partners, a comprehensive website with a variety of information relevant to the prevention community, an Online Learning Center that provides high-quality subject-specific training free of charge, and participation in national, state, and regional training to help share information and best practices.