Protective Factors Survey Online Data System
The Protective Factors Survey Online Data System (PFSODS) is a web-based tool that allows users access to an online data system. This system enables users to manage all aspects of the original Protective Factors Survey (PFS) and the Protective Factors Survey, 2nd Edition (PFS-2) and its various iterations which include:
- PFS Traditional Pre-Post
- PFS Retrospective Pre-Post
- S-PFS (Spanish Adaptation) Traditional Pre-Post
- PFS-2 Traditional Pre-Post
- PFS-2 Retrospective Pre-Post
- PFS-2 Concrete Supports Traditional Pre-Post
This system allows users to locally own their data while having access to a state-of-the-art online data collection system. This system is designed to allow for a digital administration of the survey via direct interaction with clients or a text, email link, or QR code for completion at a separate time. The system is responsive and can be administered on a phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop environment. These options allow for direct entry by clients into the system, eliminating potentially time-consuming data entry.
If you don't have digital access for client administration- don't worry! You can still use this system. You can administer traditional paper/pencil surveys and use the system for data entry via the paper entry format.
So how do I get started?
To use the system, you need a database or "group" that holds the data you are entering. If you are not joining an established group via your CBCAP Lead or other agency, you will need to set up a database.
Non-CBCAP Leads: visit https://brandnewbox.com/pfs/ for more information on options and to set up your account. If you are a CBCAP funded program, check with your State Lead. If they are not interested in setting up a state level account, you will need to establish your own database.
CBCAP Leads: CBCAP Leads have the option of working with FRIENDS and Brand New Box to set up state-level data systems. These systems provide many benefits for both the Lead Agency and funded agencies. These include:
- Real-time access to data for State Lead Agencies and program managers of funded programs without the need for data transfers or data dumps
- Access to an easy-to-use and powerful data management system that funded agencies could likely not otherwise afford.
- Reduction of the time needed to manage data by allowing for direct entry of survey results via participants into the system.
To learn about how to set up a state-level account for CBCAP, contact email@example.com.